So this is what happens when I have a craving for one of my childhood memories. I wondered if there was a recipe for homemade chocolate yogo out there and I found one here at best-recipes. Some simple substitutions, refining and tweaking later, YUM!
- 40g cornflour
- 40g dutch cocoa
- 155g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- ½ tsp salt
- 1L soymilk
- In a small bowl thoroughly combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add just enough soy milk to the bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the soy milk and whisk to thin out the paste till you can transfer it to a saucepan.
- Add the rest of the soy milk and put on a medium heat.
- Continually whisk the mix to keep it smooth until it thickens, about 7-10 minutes.
- Scoop the mix out to a container and make sure it is completely covered so that no air can get to it, otherwise a skin will form like a forgotten-about soup.
- Refridgerate for at least 8 hours and give a quick final whisk before eating.