Bringing you awesome Vegan nom noms…
Cream of Field Mushroom Soup
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp sugar
- 500g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 250mL soy milk
- In a large saucepan add some oil and place on a high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, star anise and sugar.
- Season and sauté for about 5-7 minutes till the onions turn slightly golden.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tamari and tomato paste and deglaze the bottom of the saucepan.
- Mix in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool.
- Blend till smooth in batches, making sure that the soup is room temperature before you blend it unless you know what you are doing.
- Add the soy milk just before serving, or just before reheating the soup if you want to store it in the fridge for later.
This entry was posted in Recipes
. Bookmark the permalink